This Saturday, was an excellent day. Sitting in the sun, having a few drinks and talking to Mustachians… What more do you want?
On the MMM forum, there are only a few Belgians. When from Belgium, check out the thread and follow what happens.
I really like to meet like minded people. When you think about it, it is kinda weird. You talk to a stranger on the internet and then decide to meet in real life for a drink. When my kids would tell me this, Red flags all over the place! 🙂
A lot of topics were discussed, here is an anthology
- Geographical arbitrage in Europe and the 5 flags principle
- Design life for happiness
- Go live close to work
- Work less to have more time to be with the people you love
- Is a legally acceptable loop hole ethically ok?
- Sabbaticals for more life joy
- Car sharing
It is amazing how many ideas there are out there and how an idea from one person can inspire you to try something new.
My advice: go out and meet other people in the FIRE community
This time, we plan to meet in Amsterdam/Utrecht area. We have our eye on a nice meeting room that can hold 35 persons. This is what we have in mind
- Meet around 10:00 for the early birds. Some meet and greet and then a speed dating so that you get to know more people. Come prepared: have a few lines about yourselves (who are you, what is your ideal life, what are your struggles, where/how do you invest, what do you want to learn)
- Lunch time: bring your own lunch. There will be water/soft drinks
- Afternoon sessions
- presentations by participants
- Group discussion
- Here we consider a buffet. We all bring some home made food and desserts.
- Closing drinks
The whole agenda is flexible, you can come and go when you want. There will be a small contribution (10€ we estimate) to cover for the rent of the room and the drinks we provide.
Interested to join? Want to present a topic or have an idea for a group discussion? Let us a comment. We look forward to meet you all again.