Some time ago, I have merged the spreadsheets we have into one. The updates are now straight forward and the copy/paste is limited to one! That is great. It also produces some new insights that I have wanted to see.
Availability of cash
One of the stats we wanted is the amount of liquid investments. We define these as the investments we can sell on any given weekday, penalty free and have the cash on a current account within 2/3 days. This thus excludes pension accounts, long term savings and my sleep well accounts.
We are quite pleased with the results. Currently, 50pct of our amber index is available within a week.
The funds coming available in 2043 are all pension related. 2043 is my current official pension date. I expect that to rise to 2046. Off course, this does not take into account our FIRE plan!
High level Asset Allocation
The goal here is to track the allocation of our investments at a high level. What does this mean: I would like to track 4 main asset classes
- cash – 9,12 pct
- insurance products – 40 pct
- these are products with a yield just above inflation.They make me sleep well at night.
- My personal investments have reached the EUR amount I want them to have.
- Others contributing here: Company Pension and Long Term Fiscal Saving. No alternative here. I will keep contributing to these.
- Funds – 34,5 pct
- Fiscal Pension saving in Belgium can only be done via a fund or an insurance product. I choose the fund route. NO other alternative is available.
- The other funds I have are from my pre FIRE insights. I plan to keep them
- Stock – 16,65 pct
- The only place where we invest actively since we discovered the FIRE journey. This part should overtake all others. First goal: become as big a the funds.
You might be missing real estate? Yes, We have no rentals and we do not count our family home in the assets we have.
Conclusion: We are far to defensive in our assets. This is caused by
- My wish to have a decent amount of sleep well investments. Part of that is historically.
- A part of out tax advantage contributions can only happen in sleep well accounts. Some are even outside our control: the company pension saving is defined at company level and in that kind of accounts. This has no other alternative: it will grow.
- the cash is set aside to be deployed when there is an opportunity. Looking at this graph means I have no issue at all to invest going forward 100 pct stock!
What does your allocation looks like?